To provide a creative, intellectual and entrepreneurial outlet for
students to use the latest open-source software platforms to develop
applications that solve societal problems.
RCOS is a group of RPI students who work on open source projects. During the semester, meeting times are as follows:
- Tuesday(4-5:15) Meeting with individual mentors Rooms
- Friday(4-5:15) Meeting in DCC 318
Our members work on a variety of projects, as can be seen here
. The projects page is itself our dashboard to help us keep up with the status of the projects!
Benefits of being an RCOS member
- The opportunity to help society by creating useful software.
- An excellent environment to share your skills with your peers and
learn from them as well
- Great practice in the code review process, a very important skill
for your software career!
- Practice giving and receiving feedback. Learning how to discuss
technical and non-technical aspects of a project in a constructive
fashion is a critical skill that employers look for!
Students can participate in RCOS for course credit or for a stipend.
At the beginning of each semester, the Internal Advisory Board will
review project proposals and decide which projects should receive